Skip to content
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup room temp butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large room temp egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 6 oz milk chocolate chunks (divided)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted pistachios (divided)
- 2/3 cup maraschino cherries (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×9” square baking pan and set aside.
- Lightly chop the pistachios, chocolate, and half of the cherries, reserving the rest to top after baking.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- With a hand or standing mixer, cream together butter and sugars until well combined - about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and almond extract to the butter / sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until just barely combined.
- Add chocolate, cherries, and pistachios and mix until evenly distributed. You'll want to save some chocolate to press into the top before it bakes.
- Press the dough into the prepared baking pan and top with extra chocolate.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes. The edges should be brown and the top set.
- Immediately add the remaining cherries and pistachios to the top of the bars. We like to just halve the cherries and place them in the chocolate pools.
- Let the bars fully cool in the pan before serving.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.